1) HOW DO I JOIN AED?
Potential as well as established members can fill out the AED application online at www.aedfsu.com. The application deadline is midnight the Friday after the second general body meeting of the fall and spring semester. If a potential member misses the application deadline they must wait until the following semester to apply to AED. By filling out the application members agree to abide by the rules and membership criteria established in the Alpha Epsilon Delta constitution.
** All AED members (new and returning) must fill out an application and pay dues to remain an active member of the honor society
**If you are joining AED as a freshman you will be eligible for national induction once you are in the spring semester of your sophomore year and you meet the GPA and points requirements.
2)Paying Alpha Epsilon Delta Dues through Venmo
If you already have a venmo account:
Please pay your dues to Alyssa AED. In the description, please write “AED Dues.”
For new Venmo users:
Make an account at venmo.com or through the Venmo app. Once you have created the venmo account, add your bank or credit card information, which can be found in the settings. It is recommended that you choose the bank information option because you will be charged a 3% fee if you decide to use your credit card. Follow the steps to add the payment option in the app such as adding the account number and routing number.
Once your Venmo account has been setup, click pay or the clipboard icon on the app. You will need to pay Alyssa, AED Treasurer. Type in the dues amount and finally in the “What’s it for?” add AED Dues. Click the pay button and it’s that easy! You will get a confirmation in your email that the transaction has been completed. Please save that email confirmation in case there is a error. The online receipt will be AED’s method of verifying that member dues have been paid.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Alyssa P. at firstname.lastname@example.org .
3) HOW DO I BECOME INDUCTED AS A NATIONAL MEMBER OF ALPHA EPSILON DELTA?
Induction into the national honor society is based on GPA and year-round involvement. A minimum GPA of 3.2 is required as well as minimum point requirement. To be considered for national induction one must have a minimum overall and science GPA of a 3.2 and a minimum of 30 points earned in AED. Points can be earned from attending AED meetings, participation in donation drives, volunteering within AED, and much more. Members must also attend at least one AED special event during both the fall and spring semesters to be nationally inducted.
All points will be displayed on your FSU BLACKBOARD page. Please allow one week from the date of the event for the points to be entered.
Any point discrepancies must be handled with the AED secretary at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of the event.
5) WHEN AND WHERE DOES AED HOLD THEIR BIWEEKLY MEETINGS?
Room Psychology Auditorum room D201 Wednesday at 7:00 PM. Actual dates can be seen on the Calendar page of the website.
6) HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR AED VOLUNTEER ACTIVIITES?
To sign up for volunteer activities with AED, Alyssa Poe, the volunteer chair, will send out a mass email containing information about the service event as well as a link to the google doc to sign your name for the event.
1. Click the link sent out by Alyssa Poe (here is an example) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H6h42_W8QR-DW1ts0QXtF2YhWEtkvzPihIX37Y44Ch4/edit#gid=0
2. Type your first and last name, FSUID, phone number and whether or not you have a ride (Y/N) (If you do not have a ride, please contact Alyssa Poe)
3. DO NOT DELETE ANYONES NAME OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION! If you wish to remove yourself from the sign up sheet, please contact Alyssa Poe before doing so. Note: If you remove yourself 24 hours before the event, you will have the amount of points you would have gained from the event deducted from your total points unless you have spoken to Alyssa Poe about it.
4. If you have any other questions, please contact Alyssa Poe by email or by phone!
7) WHO DO I CONTACT I HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns that cannot be answered by the FAQ’s page